Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Flash Gold: a 99-Cent Steampunk Adventure Set in the Yukon

If you like steam-powered worlds, mechanical gadgets, and stories that take place in the frozen North, you might give my latest ebook a try. Flash Gold is a steampunk novella (18,000 words) set in the Klondike during the gold rush days.

Here's the blurb:

Eighteen-year-old Kali McAlister enters her steam-powered "dogless sled" in a race, intending to win the thousand-dollar prize and escape remote Moose Hollow forever. The problem? Fortune seekers and airship pirates are after her for the secret to flash gold, her late father's alchemical masterpiece.

With her modified rifle and a pocketful of home-made smoke bombs, Kali wouldn't normally hide from a confrontation, but taking on a whole airship single-handedly is a daunting task. Unfortunately, the other racers won't assist her--they're too busy scheming ways to sabotage her unorthodox sled.

When a sword-slinging stranger shows up, wanting to hire on as her protector, she's sure he has ulterior motives, but he's the only one interested in helping her. The question is...why?


Only $0.99: Flash Gold

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! A new one! Congrats, Linsay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm a busy little e-publishing bee. ;) Let me know when you turn some of your stories into ebooks, so I can plug them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished up this short story and it was absolutely wonderful, I stayed up late just to finish. My only complaint....no follow up already out for me to continue reading!
    Great stuff, I look forward to more!
    (will post a review on my little blog later in the week)

    ReplyDelete